Portes is one of three backgammon variants that are played in Greece, and as there tavli are collectively known.The tavli game commonly played with all three variants of the Greek backgammon, ie with Fevga, Plakoto and Portes, alternately, and at three, five or seven points won. A doubling cube there is not going to make money and play Greeks usually not.
Portes is one of three backgammon variants, which in Greece are played, and there together as tavli are known. The tavli game is usually all three variants of the Greek backgammon played, so with Fevga , Plakoto and Portes , alternately, and at three, five or seven points won. A doubling cube there is not going to make money and play Greeks usually not.
Each player starts with 15 tokens, like in backgammon are made: each 2 stones on the 24er field, 5 stones on a size 13 box 3 on the 8-field and 5 stones at the 6-field The direction of play is as in backgammon .
The aim of the game is to clear all play stones to lead you around the board in his own district, and then herauszuwürfeln the stones. Who has borne off first all the bricks have won the game.
At the beginning of both players roll a die, which must begin with the higher number of dots. With a tie, the dice are thrown again until a winner is decided. An automatic doubling for the same number of dots in Greece unknown.
The winner of this opening duel may re-throw the dice, and so has the chance to start the game with doubles. After the first game should always open the winner of the previous game.
The eyes of the two numbers rolled dice indicate how many spaces the pieces may be moved. The following rules apply:
- A piece may be moved only on a playing field that is not blocked by the adversary. The pitch is blocked by two or more stones, a single opposing checker can be beaten.
- The eyes of the two dice numbers must each be considered in itself, but with the same token must be considered. As in backgammon so each eye number must be played for themselves.
- A must Pasch as in Backgammon be run twice, for a total of four times the number of eyes Pasch. But doing any number of dots to be played properly for themselves.
- Case to eyes numbers of both dice must be drawn, or in the case of doubles every four eyes numbers. When only one number can be played, the higher or lower number may optionally be drawn.
A single opposing checker may be smitten, the opponent must again as it then Backgammon bring again into play. Again, that only beaten tile must be in the game again before another train can be made.
To get dice game pieces, all 15 stones have to be brought around the game field in the 4th quarter of the game board. The design dice done according to the rules of international backgammon.
Winner is the one who rolled the first all tiles from the board. A win counts as one point, the loser has not borne off any single stone, the game counts twice, so as a gammon in backgammon . A triple play, so a backgammon , there are the non Porte.
The differences to the international backgammon are thus:
- The winner of the opening throw must roll again, so the game can begin with a Pach.
- There are no backgammon .
- There is no doubling cube.