Portes is one of three backgammon variants that are played in Greece, and as tavli there are collectively known.The tavli game is commonly played with all three Greek versions of backgammon, so with Fevga, Plakoto and Portes, alternately, and at three, five or seven points won. A cube, there are not going to make money and play Greeks usually not.
Portes is one of three backgammon variants, which in Greece are played, and there together as tavli are known. The tavli game is usually with all three Greek versions of backgammon played, so with Fevga , Plakoto and Portes , alternately, and at three, five or seven points won. A cube, there are not going to make money and play Greeks usually not.
Each player starts with 15 tiles, like in backgammon are made: each two stones on the 24er field, 5 stones on the 13er field, three at 8-box and 5 stones on the 6-field The direction of play is as in Backgammon .
The aim of the game is to clear all play stones to carry around the game board in their own quarters, and then herauszuwürfeln the stones. Who has rolled out the first all stones, has won the game.
At the beginning, both players roll a die, which must begin with the higher number of eyes. Case of a tie, the dice are thrown again until a winner is decided. An automatic doubling for the same number of dots is in Greece unknown.
The winner of this duel opening must again throw with two dice, and so has the chance to start the game with doubles. After the first game must always open up the winner of the previous game.
The eyes of the two numbers rolled dice indicates how many fields the game pieces may be moved. The following rules apply:
- A checker may be moved only on a playing field that is not blocked by the adversary. A game field is blocked by two or more stones, a single opposing checker can be beaten.
- The eyes of the two numbers each cube must be held accountable for himself, but with the same token must be drawn. As in backgammon so each eye number must be played for themselves.
- A Pasch may as in Backgammon be run twice for a total of four times the number of Pasch eyes. But while each eye number must be played correctly by itself.
- Case to eyes numbers of both dice must be drawn, or in the case of doubles all four eyes numbers. When only one number can be played, the higher or lower number can optionally be drawn.
A single opposing checker may be smitten, the opponent must again like in him then Backgammon bring again into play. Again, that just struck tokens must be in the game again before another train can be made.
To be able to roll out tokens, all 15 tokens must be placed around the pitch in the fourth quarter of the game board. The design dice done according to the rules of international backgammon.
Winner is the one who rolled the first all tiles from the board. A win counts as one point and the loser has not borne off a single stone, the game counts double, so as a gammon in backgammon . A triple play, ie, a Backgammon , there are the non Porte.
The differences from the international backgammon are thus:
- The winner of the opening throw must roll again, so the game can start with a Pach.
- There is no backgammon .
- There is no doubling cube.